Wednesday, September 7, 2011

UNCLE! I GIVE!

Remember Stretch Armstrong? I would like to offer him an apology. An apology for everytime I stretched him so far it tested his limits. For the time that me and my friends stretched him in all directions until syrupy oooze started to seep out of his arm joints. We stretched him much further than he was ever meant for. For now, I understand how he must have felt, as I am being stretched mercilessly in all directions. At this point, I'm not even sure I can retain my original shape. Am I oozing yet? Not yet, but my cat and kid are. Im screaming "STOP, JUST STOP, I CAN'T DO IT ANYMORE" but the pulling continues. No one is asking for anything unreasonable. The kids want to be fed, played with and bathed. Cici wants to be carried around all the time or she just sits and cries. I need the house cleaned and dinner cooked and bills paid ON TIME, laundry done, if even just for the next day. i need to be on time to work, which means Josh will have to wake earlier as will we, even though we have been up during the night with Cici. I will have to be faster at shaking him off of my leg when he doesn't want me to leave him at school. I need to see a whole lot patients, making their experience the experience of a lifetime that they are hoping for. no pressure. Make sure the exam is precise, done and done well. done efficiently. Nothing missed. Patient leaves the office with a memory they will never forget. Afterall, you will always remember where you were when you found out "boy or girl" or God forbid something is wrong. Being distracted from any of these things mentioned above is not an option, yet sometimes it sneaks away from me. There is no prioritizing. none. One issue is just as important as the next. And they are all valid. But the stretching, the pulling in all directions at the same time is killing me. So in the end, I feel like I am not performing well as a mommy, wife a daughter or an employee. Im so exhausted I don't even know when to scream "UNCLE!" For right now, I may be oozing a little at the arm joints, I just pray that the pulling will stop before something gets broken.

No comments:

Post a Comment